Your home’s curb appeal can have a big impact on its value, so it’s important to keep it looking good. Here are some simple and cost-effective ways to attempt to boost your home’s curb appeal:
Add a fresh coat of paint
Painting the exterior of your home is one of the quickest and easiest ways to give it a new lease on life. Adding a bright, eye-catching color can help make your home look fresh, attractive and modern. Not only will this make it more visually appealing to potential buyers, but it may also add value to your property. Here are some tips on how to pick the right paint color for your home:
- Consider the existing colors of your home – you’ll want to choose a paint color that compliments rather than clashes with them.
- Research popular colors that are currently in style – they may provide some inspiration for your project.
- Look at swatches in-store or online so you can get an idea of what the colors will actually look like once applied.
- Test out sample colors on small areas before committing to an entire wall or house – this way you’ll know if it’s really what you want before investing in gallons of paint!
Plant flowers or shrubs around the perimeter
Planting flowers or shrubs around the perimeter of your house is a great way to create an attractive and fragrant landscape that can add value and charm to your home. By adding color, texture and life to your outdoor space, you may be able to turn your yard into a welcoming sanctuary. Here are some tips on how to do it:
- Research which plants that are a good fit for your climate and soil type.
- Decide which parts of the exterior you’d like to enhance with foliage – perhaps near walkways or by windowsills.
- Consider the height and spread of each plant so you have a better idea of how much space they’ll need in order to thrive.
- Consider how much sun or shade each area gets throughout the day when selecting plants – this will help determine what species can survive in different spots.
- Plant your flowers and shrubs according to instructions provided on their tags or online guides.
Clean up any debris such as leaves, garbage, or clutter
Keeping your home’s exterior clean and free of debris is important for maintaining an attractive look. Leaves, garbage and clutter can detract from the appearance of your property and make it look unkempt. Here are some tips to help you combat this:
- When possible, use a rake or leaf blower to quickly gather leaves into piles which can then be collected or mulched.
- Make sure all rubbish is disposed of in an appropriate manner – either by placing it in designated bins or taking it to the appropriate waste disposal facility.
- Regularly remove any excess clutter from around the house that may have accumulated over time – this could include old toys, garden tools, broken furniture, etc.
- Ensure that paths and walkways are clear of debris so that visitors don’t trip or fall over anything dangerous.
Install outdoor lighting fixtures
Good outdoor lighting can add beauty and charm to any garden or pathway. Not only that, but it can also provide an extra layer of security to keep your home safe during the night. Installing outdoor lighting fixtures along pathways or around garden areas is a great way to create an attractive and secure outdoor space. Here are some tips on how to do it:
- Start by researching the types of lights available – some options include LED, solar-powered and halogen.
- Consider the amount of power that each type requires to try to avoid high energy bills.
- Look into different fixtures and styles – from subtle wall sconces to bright spotlights there are plenty of eye-catching options!
- Think about where you’d like to position each light – perhaps near entrances or along pathways for added visibility.
- Play around with different configurations until you find a good balance between practicality and aesthetics.
Taking these simple steps may help boost your home’s curb appeal, making it more enjoyable for you and possibly more appealing to potential buyers!
If you have any questions about a home loan, contact us today!